CNIL declaration number : 1566034
1. Information Collected by the Solutions for Water Platform
We only collect personal information that is relevant to the purpose of our website, which is to enable users to submit, discover and share solution with one another. This information allows us to provide you with a customized and efficient experience. We do not process this information in a way that is incompatible with this objective. We collect the following types of information from our members or users:
- Information You Provide to Us:
We receive and store any information you enter on our website or provide to us in any other way. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of many of our special features.
Registration: In order for you to use the Solutions for Water Platform services, such as submitting solutions to the website, you must complete a registration form. As part of this registration form, we require select personal information (including your full name, city, country and e-mail address).
User Profile: To allow you to express yourself beyond just the information collected during registration; we enable you to provide additional information, such as a bio, favorite URLs, and instant messaging IDs. In addition, you may choose to include photos of yourself in your profile. As indicated below, in the section titled “Sharing Your Information”, you can control how your information is displayed and used.
- Automatic Information:
We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. The Solutions for Water Platform and its authorized agents automatically receive and record certain “traffic data” on their server logs from your browser including your IP address, The Solutions for Water Platform cookie information, and the page you requested. The Solutions for Water Platform uses this traffic data to help diagnose problems with its servers, analyze trends and administer the website.
The Solutions for Water Platform may collect and, on any page, display the total counts that page has been viewed. This includes User Profile pages.
2. E-mail Communications
The Solutions for Water Platform is very concerned about your privacy and we will never provide your email address to a third party without your explicit permission, as detailed in the “Sharing Your Information” section below. The Solutions for Water Platform may send out e-mails with The Solutions for Water Platform-related news, products, offers, surveys or promotions. You may also receive notification e-mails from The Solutions for Water Platform, which inform you of actions (e.g. friend requests) that have been performed on the site. If you do not want to receive e-mail from us, please visit the Email Preferences section of your User Profile and/or follow the instructions contained in the unwanted e-mail message. However, please note that in all cases you will continue to receive all system e-mails (e.g. those regarding forgotten user passwords, automatic update when your solutions are submitted or published) and legal notices (e.g. updates to our policies) from us.
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and tell us how and when pages in our website are visited and by how many people. The Solutions for Water Platform cookies do not collect personal information, and we do not combine information collected through cookies with other personal information to tell us who you are or what your screen name or e-mail address is.
4. Sharing Your Information
Because The Solutions for Water Platform enables people to discover and share information with one another, information about the people who use the Solutions for Water Platform is an integral part of the Solutions for Water Platform experience. Rest assured that we neither rent nor sell your personal information to anyone and that we will share your personal information only as described below.
- The Solutions for Water Platform Personnel: The Solutions for Water Platform personnel and authorized consultants and/or contractors may have access to user information if necessary in the normal course of the Solutions for Water Platform business.
- Business Transfers: In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, user information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Moreover, if the Solutions for Water Platform, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred.
- User Profile information: Information collected during registration and subsequent visits, such as your full name and location, may be displayed to other users in your User Profile. The User Profile is the area on The Solutions for Water Platform where we allow you to tell other Solutions for Water Platform users about yourself and your interests. You may control what personal information is displayed in your User Profile by visiting the Privacy Settings section of your User Profile.
- Member Directory: The name and first name that you submit upon registration will be searchable by other Solutions for Water Platform users or members who know you by your name or first name. This is primarily so that other users can find you to establish friendship through the Solutions for Water Platform.
- Social sharing of data: The Solutions for Water Platform allows other users to browse solutions that you have shared, submitted or commented on. This information is made available publicly via the activity feed of your User Profile. The Solutions for Water Platform may choose to post this data on other site features.
- Friends’ Activity: Much like other online social networks, The Solutions for Water Platform allows non-friends to browse your friends’ activity.
- Syndication: The Solutions for Water Platform allows for the RSS syndication of all of its public content within the Solutions for Water Platform website.
- With Your Consent: Except as noted above, we will contact you when your personal information is shared with third parties or used for a purpose incompatible with the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected, and you will be able to opt out to prevent the sharing of this information.
5. Keeping Information Secure
- Your Solutions for Water Platform account information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. Protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer by logging off once you have finished using a shared computer.
- Only employees who need personal information to perform a specific job (for example, a customer service representative) are granted access to it. All of our employees are kept up to date on our privacy and security practices.
6. Ways to Control Display and Use of Your Information
- As stated previously, you can always opt not to disclose information, but then you may be unable to use certain features on our website, such as posting new links.
- By visiting your User Profile, you can correct, amend, add or delete personal information on our website. When you update information, however, we often maintain a copy of the unrevised information in our records.
- You may request deletion of your Solutions for Water Platform account by e-mailing us at solutions[at]solutionsforwater.org
- If you do not wish to receive e-mail from us or other The Solutions for Water Platform users, please visit the Email Notification section in the SETTINGS tab of your User Profile and/or follow the instructions contained and save the changes.
- However, please note that you will continue to receive all system e-mails (e.g. those regarding forgotten user passwords, when you submit a solution or when your solution is published or updated) and legal notices (e.g. updates to our policies) from us.
7. Children Under 18 Years of Age
You must be 13 years and older to register to use the Solutions for Water Platform website. As a result, The Solutions for Water Platform does not specifically collect information about children. If we learn that The Solutions for Water Platform has collected information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. We recommend that minors between the ages of 13 and 18 ask and receive their parents’ permission before using The Solutions for Water Platform or sending information about themselves or anyone else over the Internet.
9. Conditions of Use